SEO Semantic XHTML CSS coding for your website
With the World Wide Web becoming one of the most basic networking tools in today’s times, there has been a surge of browsers in the past few years with new versions of Internet Explorers coming up like the IE-6,7,8 as well as a variety of increasingly sophisticated search engines like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and many others. It is therefore important for online business owners to ensure that their websites are compatible with almost all the browsers that are operational on the internet.
When it comes to optimizing traffic to ones commercial site the primary requirement for SEO Semantic XHTML coding begins with creating a high standard and structured HTML coding or what is popularly known as exhibiting a quality code.
Listed below are some of the most crucial factors that should be taken into consideration while carrying out HTML coding for a website.
1. Optimizing the use of HTML coding – HTML is one of the most recognized and easily accepted web formats in the world which is picked up by all search engines. The best aspect of optimizing HTML coding and maintaining clean and structured web pages is that the more your simplify the language of your website, the better is the speed with which search engines can pick as well as upload your link. It is also important to minimize the use of non-text formats as this makes the websites much more accessible for consumers as other internet savvy devices apart from computers find it easier to pick up HTML coding more quickly than flash based websites.
2. Minimize login feature – If you own a commercial website, try to avoid login functionality on your page as this aspect makes it impossible for search engines to pick up and display your website to new browsers.
3. Avoid the use of frames – Just like login features, the use of frames on a website should be more or less avoided as they too cannot be indexed by search engines and pose a hassle in navigating as well as printing and bookmarking by visitors.
4. Use simple HTML coding – In order to make your website browser friendly stick to simple HTML coding and avoid using complicated applications like flash.
5. Maintain a short domain name – As a primary rule of SEO Semantic HTML coding, the URL or Domain name should be kept as short as possible. This will ensure that your website address can be easily remembered and will have a lower probability of being miss-spelt or confused by users.
6. Keep your URL static – The other important aspect of your domain name should be to remember to keep it static rather than dynamic. Dynamic URLs are very difficult to index by search engines which make the former option much more viable for website owners.
7. Avoid using numbers in your domain name – While creating a Search Engine Optimized URL always remember to avoid using any numbers in the domain name.
8. Try to use keywords – By inserting a keyword in your website name you will be able to invoke the reader’s interest and also make the URL easier to remember.
9. Insert hyphens in the domain name – It is a good practice to insert hyphens in your domain name which helps in making it more compatible for search engines as well as less confusing for the user.
10. Use lower case for the URL – It is also a standard practice to maintain the use of lower case in the domain name which makes it look more professional and consistent.
11. Use functions such as Alt Attribute for videos and audio files – If you have applications such as flash as well as a lot of images, audios and videos on your website, making use of Alt attribute becomes very convenient as this features helps search engines in identifying websites better.
12. Make use of Anchor text links – By giving a complete picture of the website, the use of anchor text links make websites more Search Engine Optimized.
13. Maintain the title tag within 50-65 characters – Search engines have different character limits and by keeping your title tag within 50 – 65 characters including spaces you will be able to allow maximum accessibility to your website.
14. Integrate keyword phrase in your title tags – Always remember to insert two or more phrases in your title tags which would concisely explain the complete theme of the website which results in high search engine rankings as well as readership.
15. Use Meta tags for HTML coding – Most search engines provide results to their browsers by crawling through the Meta tags provided by the websites which therefore makes it very important to add relevantly worded Meta tags while doing SEO Semantic XHTML coding.
16. Incorporate header tags – Adding header tags makes the websites more user friendly as they incorporate the heading texts which are used on every web page.
17. Use external files for your Java Script and various non-text formats.
18. Compress images for efficient upload – If your website has a large number of images, make sure that they are compressed and broken up into smaller sizes so that your web pages do not take too long to upload.
19. Keep your web page sizes short – In order to make sure that your visitors do not get distracted and leave your website ensure that your page sizes are small so that they get uploaded very quickly.
20. Stick to W3C valid html coding – Make sure that your website has W3C valid HTML coding so that there are no errors and your website looks structured and professional.
When it comes to creating browser friendly websites the XHTMLTEAM.COM offers the very best in SEO Semantic XHTML coding services. With its expert web development team, the company will make sure that your website information is coded in the most professional and structured way and is picked up by the maximum number of search engines to give you optimum business opportunities.